Wednesday, June 15, 2016

HO-Series ㄷshape Tile-roofed Korean Traditional House

Today, I introduce you a HO-Series ㄷshape Tile-roofed Korean Traditional House
This is a model made by YOUNG MODELER.

This model consists of several parts made of woods and rubber tile roof.
In real life, the roof tiles are  made of clay tiles.

The kit manual said the entire process will take about 5 hours.
When I was first making the kit, I expected to finish building the kit in 3 hours.
However, once I reached the roof tiling part, I struggled very much because the rubber pieces
WON'T stick on other rubber!


First, I removed all the parts and colored all.
This process took about 5-10 minutes I think.


Then set up all the piece nicely.
This process was very much easy enough.

However, I must be careful when doing this.
The woods are delicate and fragile, they can break easily.




This is how it looks like after I set everything correctly.


Then I put up the top plate to install the roof.


Ready the roof top to place tile-roof.



I started to get mad and upset as the rubber roof pieces are not
holding in their places. I tried several different cement and glues.


I eventually used the masking tapes to hold pieces.
However, this solution resulted white markings on the tiles.









Looks fine to me but those white marks and
glazes decrease the quality.

I have two more different kits to build.
I hope I can do better on those.